7 Aug 2011

pumped up pumpkins







this is the last wedding of what i officially call summer. from now on in we shift gradually towards autumnness and i have to say i will welcome the change. i think in terms of flowers it could be my favourite season, and i don't tend to bandy about those kind statements lightly. 

i really loved the way this one turned out but due to a catalogue of unforeseen events it was somewhat of a white knuckle ride. to put you in the picture by 07:30am yesterday i had managed to accrue a panic buy haul from the market (i bought anthuriums), suffered the indignity of being flashed by a speed camera and faced up to the sinking realisation that i had left my camera on a wall. this job is not for the faint hearted, i tell you.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty! Your flower arrangements are wild yet elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. So stunning I'll pretend you didn't buy anthuriums. Although I can hardly talk since I bought two bunches of gerberas last time I was at market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthurium? Don't see them. What is more beautiful on a table than white linen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what? it's how you roll with the punches that really proves what kind of *artiste* you are. I mean, who else can handle the pressure!?

    Gorgeous m'lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were they the white or coral anthurium? Those have some meaning, oh and I rather like the green ones.....I just don't like to use them. wait I love the color of the brown ones.

    Forget about it. Your flowers are perfect as are those chairs.

    Your venues are always a dream.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those colours and textures are just perfection. Stunning as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bottled it with the anthuriums, couldn't bring myself to do it. they are hiding in my house right now.

    jane, they were the coral ones though and quite pretty i guess...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did although i didn't deserve to - it was on a wall on a main road just outside my house. idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and inspiring!
    So lovely...

    Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE! and yes, the faint hearted definitely need not apply...

    ReplyDelete
  11. autumn is such a lovely season to work with flowers and so many other things as a florist, the colors are my favorites in autumn. Lovely decorations !

    ReplyDelete